Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal


When I woke up to the sun slanting through my window this morning, I got that feeling. The look, the smells, the sounds- It's beginning to feel like fall, my favorite time of year. And you know what fall means? Along with turning leaves, perfect days, flannel shirts and chilly hot chocolate nights? Pumpkin!

On this beautiful Sunday morning, I busted out the pumpkin for a delicious twist on everyday oatmeal. Because it is now officially in season (at least in my book) and pumpkin pie for breakfast is always a plus- healthy, hearty and wholesome.


Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal serves 1
Ingredients:
1 cup dry oats (I use steel cut oats, but any kind works)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp vanilla
Milk to taste (I use almond milk)
Brown sugar or honey to taste


Directions: Cook the oats according to instructions. When done, stir in pumpkin and spices. Then add desired brown sugar, honey and milk. Sprinkle on dried cranberries, pecans, white chocolate chips, or anything else that reminds you of fall. Dig in and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment