Friday, April 29, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today, in the middle of summer, I wanted cookies. Shocking, I know. And, what do you know, I had some pumpkin left over from last night's dumplings.
So cookies there would be.

These upcoming cookies make me miss my roommates all the more. We used to buy these cookies every single time we saw them at Kroger because they rarely had the chocolate chip ones. Our household might have single handedly kept them stocking the things. Well, the homemade version is much better and I wish I could share them with my lovely roomies.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (LOVE this stuff)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Mix together all ingredients. Place by the spoonful onto a greased baking sheet.
 Bake for 7 minutes, rotate cookie sheet, and bake for 3-5 more minutes, depending. They are done when the edges begin to brown and a toothpick comes out clean.

 These are wonderful. They are slightly cakey while still holding on to some gooey cookiness. The chocolate comes through but you still get that full spicy pumpkin flavor. A keeper in my book.



No comments:

Post a Comment