Friday, June 3, 2011

Chocolate Mousse

 I'm going to a wedding tomorrow, and I need to look good in my dress. So what do I do? Decide to make a decadent dessert that I can't stop eating, right in time for that dress.

Oops.


I'm actually not that sorry. Some things are more important in life. Like chocolate. 

Intense Chocolate Mousse
4 egg yolks
2 TB sugar
pinch of salt
1 TB goat cheese (this adds a rich creamy flavor and a little tanginess, so good. Omit if you like)
2 oz dark chocolate, chopped
2 TB cocoa powder (I used special dark)
3/4 cup heavy cream

Directions: In a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water, whisk egg yolks, sugar and salt until it warms and the sugar dissolves completely. There should be no sugar granules.




Add the cocoa, chocolate and goat cheese to the mixture and whisk until it is all melted and combined. Let cool. In a separate bowl, whip the cream. Fold into the chocolate mixture.

Place in two serving dishes or ramekins. I just got these beauties at an estate sale, love them so much.

Cover with seran wrap and place in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours. The more time the better. When you are ready, take them out, put a dollop of whipped cream on top and maybe some extra chocolate, for good measure.


Dress shmesh. This is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment