Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Raspberry & Peaches Shortcake

This is literally the best time of the year. Fresh fruit, daily. To put on dessert, daily.


Surprise surprise, more peaches and berries. I'm a little obsessed.



Which works out, because I had the bright idea to sign up for a half marathon, so I need nutrients to fuel those extra miles I'll be running. And, those extra miles will allow me to rationalize second helpings. And thirds?

Especially of this.



Raspberry & Peaches Shortcake
Ingredients:
2-1/3 cups Bisquick
3 TB sugar
2/3 cup milk
3 TB butter, melted
Lots of black raspberries
Lots of ripe peaches
1-1/2 cup sugar, for the berries


Whipped Cream
Ingredients: 
1/2 pint whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Directions for shortcake: Mix first four ingredients together. Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes. In a large bowl, add 1 cup sugar to black raspberries. In a separate bowl, add 1/2 cup sugar to peaches. Set in fridge for about a half hour, or until you serve it.

 Directions for the whipped cream: Whip together on high until peaks form. Chill covered in the fridge.


I'm not going to lie, I had thirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment